2000 Corsa Fuel Pump

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

Subliminal
CB-Uk User

2000 Corsa Fuel Pump

Post by Subliminal »

Just a quick question, Since ive managed to misplace my haynes manual :? , can anyone tell me where and how to access the fuel pump on a 2000 X-Reg Corsa 1.2 16v?

Mine seems to have stopped working but cant locate it anywhere. I have a haynes manual for up to 97 (R-reg) but that says to lift the bottom part of the rear seat up and its under there, but it isnt on mine :lol:

Any help is greatly appreciated 8)
matty101
Senior Moderator

Re: 2000 Corsa Fuel Pump

Post by matty101 »

never removed one before but they are under the rear seat, theres a black cover you need to pop off first and i shud be there. i think :? :lol:
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!
Subliminal
CB-Uk User

Post by Subliminal »

Thats what I thought, but lifted the rear seat up and under it is the carpet, and thats fastened behind the trim on each end so i thought "it cant be under there" :?

Anyone have any ideas? Sick of the car not working :lol:
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

cos im such a nice guy i got u some pics...............

yes yes i know, im awsome........ :lol:

from wot i can see it just twists and pulls out,but dont quote me on tht
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:

Subliminal
CB-Uk User

Post by Subliminal »

WOOHOO!! Nice one matty! how did you get the rear carpet up though? It looks like its caught under the trim at each end near the doors (mines a 5door).

If its under there - i will take a look under the carpet tomorrow once I work out how it comes out :lol:
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

No worries mate :)

mines a 3 door and the carpets been up once or twice to run cables for my sub. jst give a pull and see if it will come. u can get to the cover with out pulling the whole carpet up, just lift the centre bit
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:

dandadan
CB-Uk User

Post by dandadan »

to get the fuel pump out around the edge is a disk with little 'hooks' this needs moving out of the way by knocking it round till its free. disconnect the switch and 2 fuel pipes then remove the disk, now you need to reach in and grab the pump and pull on it, somethimes they can be stiff though. if that doesnt make sense i will edit a photo for you so you know what i mean
Drive it like you stole it
Subliminal
CB-Uk User

Post by Subliminal »

Matty - will have a look. Pulled the middle bit up as much as it can go (not far) but couldnt see/feel any plastic, so will have to see if i can get the carpet up without damaging it :lol:

dandadan - cheers for that. Will let you know if I need a picture of it or not.
dmiller
CB-Uk User

Post by dmiller »

to get the fuel pump out around the edge is a disk with little 'hooks' this needs moving out of the way by knocking it round till its free. disconnect the switch and 2 fuel pipes then remove the disk, now you need to reach in and grab the pump and pull on it,
My Haynes manual is pretty keen on you using wooden / brass tooling to bash the disk to avoid sparks near petrol fumes.

Dunno how serious a warning this is (ie do it or expect a big explosion or we are saying this just in case but you can ignore safely) but maybe keep it in the back of your mind?
dandadan
CB-Uk User

Post by dandadan »

dmiller wrote:
to get the fuel pump out around the edge is a disk with little 'hooks' this needs moving out of the way by knocking it round till its free. disconnect the switch and 2 fuel pipes then remove the disk, now you need to reach in and grab the pump and pull on it,
dmiller wrote:
My Haynes manual is pretty keen on you using wooden / brass tooling to bash the disk to avoid sparks near petrol fumes.
yeah I forgot to mention you should use wooden or plastic tools just to be on the safe side
Drive it like you stole it
Subliminal
CB-Uk User

Post by Subliminal »

Ok well good news - it SEEMS that the fuel pump is working fine! But can anyone tell me where to find the Fuel Pump Relay?

It is not in the engine compartment or anywhere that the handbook or haynes manual says it is. Anyone have any idea where it is :?
Subliminal
CB-Uk User

Post by Subliminal »

Nevermind - found where they hid them this time! They were behind the glovebox :lol: so if anyone cant find their relays , take the glovebox out and look to your left 8)
manudave
CB-Uk User

Post by manudave »

thier on most petrols by there :) nicking petrol outta scrapped cars thats the best way (H) :L
Subliminal
CB-Uk User

Post by Subliminal »

Ahh well I didnt know that :P and of course the handbook says its on the drivers side, the haynes manual says its either there or in the engine compartment. Hate cross-breed cars :lol:
alpinewhite
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by alpinewhite »

Hi all,

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm changing the fuel pump on my brother's Corsa 1.2 - great little car by the way - and we've run into a problem.

The new pump is in, but when i've come to replace the metal cover, I can't get it down far enough to put the locking ring on. Is it just a matter of putting a lot of weight on it to compress the o-ring? Or have we missed a trick?

Thanks!