Help!!! :(

Help and advice section for technical questions on your Corsa.
Please check that your query hasn't already been answered in FAQ and Technical Info section.

Moderator: Octane2097

denzel91
CB-Uk Newbie

Help!!! :(

Post by denzel91 »

Well, I went to get my corsa's tracking done today as the previous owner who i just bought it from put a whole new set of tires on. The steering wheel was offset to the wheels :/ When you let go of the wheel it drifts off to the left. I thought it was just a case of re-alligning it up and i'd be good to go. Unfortunately the boys at Kwik Fit told me that it was no good doing the tracking as the front left wheel was sitting at an angle to the others :( They suggested that it might be a bent shock absorber :/ I am gettin the wheel off tommorow night by a mechanic friend but I have no idea what other problems it could be :( Any suggestions folk???
matty101
Senior Moderator

Re: Help!!! :(

Post by matty101 »

i'm having a similar problem with mine it was pulling to the left badly, so i took it to hiQ to get the tracking done(which was apparently 5mm out) then after a few days i realised it was still pulling. i took it back they checked it and it was ok. but when he took it for a test drive he said it was pulling both ways depending on the road and stuff. they recon its the bushes on the suspention and sum other related thing.
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!
denzel91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by denzel91 »

aww bummer man :/ ehh any idea how much do you think it will cost to get sorted??
matty101
Senior Moderator

Post by matty101 »

not sure well post a reply when i find out.
OFFICAL DVLA DATA:
1414 - corsa gsi's on the road in 2008.
735 - corsa gsi's currently on the road and 436 SORN
Basicly you would have to be a right tw*t to break one for parts :rant:

Thanks to everyone for an awsome weekend at pvs!
stingray1987
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by stingray1987 »

take it a decent back street garage mate as quick fit will try rip you off.

could be many things just take it a garage if they have said that.

noramly id check things like tyre pressurs,tracking,drop links,wishbones if none of them to the garage it goes lol.
pgreenvx
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by pgreenvx »

here dude check ur bottom arm ain,t bent or ur trackrod ends arent diffrent :) :) []
denzel91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by denzel91 »

Cheers for all your suggestions guys :/ cars still f**k though :(. I had the tracking done and they did the best they could but its some other problem. Its still veering off to the left you put the steering wheel to centre. I have no idea what to do next :/. I have just got insured on it, but the rents won't let me drive it till its proper sorted...Any other suggestions of what to do?
LesterPiglet1
CB-Uk User

Post by LesterPiglet1 »

A back street mechanic will be able to tell you what the problem is. The likes of Kwikfit or whatever are just fitters not mechanics.
denzel91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by denzel91 »

Cheeers bud will do :) just hoping the damage ain't too bad :( or i am f**k :L
denzel91
CB-Uk Newbie

Post by denzel91 »

Ok guys, so my dad figured out the problem. It is apparently something called the EPS... I have no idea likes but here is a link tht give you all the info and how to sort it out :

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-me ... ation.html

Anyways it requires a simple adjustment although it is hard to get into the bit to sort it :meh: My dads an engineer so he managed to have a bash at it tonight :D we have got the steering almost back to normal but it got dark so we are gonna have to perfect it tommorow... :meh: But yeh if anyone is having the same problem with steering veering to one side or being light or heavy either way I suggest you take a look at the link ^^ explains everything and how to get it sorted :D cheers for all the suggestions anyway guys 8)